We are committed to your back being and feeling great. We know that there are many kids out there that probably are not wearing their back packs properly and we have included a few tips to help with that.
- Make sure your child’s backpack weighs no more than 5 to 10 percent of his or her body weight. A heavier backpack will cause your child to bend forward in an attempt to support the weight on his or her back, rather than on the shoulders, by the straps.
- The backpack should never hang more than four inches below the waistline. A backpack that hangs too low increases the weight on the shoulders, causing your child to lean forward when walking.
- Wide, padded straps are very important. Non-padded straps are uncomfortable, and can dig into your child’s shoulders. Along with this they should use BOTH straps. Using one causes an imbalance in the shoulders and upper back.
- A backpack with individualized compartments helps in positioning the contents most effectively. Make sure that pointy or bulky objects are packed away from the area that will rest on your child’s back.
- Choose a backpack that is the right size for your child. Smaller children may have difficulty carrying a larger backpack, especially if it is filled to capacity with unnecessary items that add excessive amounts of weight.
If your child complains of back, neck or shoulder pain they may be having some issues with carrying their back pack. Do not hesitate to bring them by and we can instruct you further on back pack safety. We are also willing to check out their back and make sure it is properly aligned.
You can also visit this website for more information.
Thanks for taking time to read about this today. We specialize in Auto Accident Rehabilitation and work with your auto insurance company so you do not pay anything out of your pocket. Whether it was your fault or not does not matter. Come in today and see why we have helped so many people in Spanish Fork after their auto accident. Injuries can be minor to major and you may not even feel like you are hurt sometimes. It is always best to get check and see if there was any whiplash type injury or possible things that could become chronic problems in the future. Do not hesitate to call 801-980-0432 and talk with the doctor.
Spanish Fork Chiropractic & Accident Rehabilitation
757 East 800 North Spanish Fork, UT 84604
American Fork, Spanish Fork, Provo, & Brigham City